Welcome to the Illinois-Tsinghua Nanotechnology Workshop, held jointly with the 12th CNST Nanotechnology Workshop
The Illinois-Tsinghua connection began in Summer 2012 when members of the faculty and administration at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign visited Tsinghua University and the Tsinghua-Foxconn Nanotechnology Research Center in Beijing, China, directed by Dr. Shoushan Fan. Dr. Fan and his group developed carbon nanotube-based technology that is being used in liquid crystal displays, an example of their success in conducting
translational research and establishing commercial partnerships. During the visit,
discussions led to the idea of holding a joint nanotechnology event at Illinois to
identify complementary strengths and explore possibilities for collaborations.
The 2013 joint symposium is the result of those efforts by the University of Illinois
and Tsinghua University.
About the CNST
The Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology works toward a seamless integration of interdisciplinary research from atoms and materials to devices and systems. Campus faculty members, graduate and undergraduate students, industry partners and collaborating scientists from government laboratories and higher education institutions around the world come together through the Center, a leader in groundbreaking nanotechnology research. The CNST also has ongoing linkages with University Research Park, the Illinois Technology and Enterprise Corporation, state legislature, and private industry. Developed by the CNST, curriculum for nanotechnology education reaches across a number of campus departments and units. Exceptional students with interest in nanotechnology projects have been awarded fellowships, collabroations have been fostered, and several promising projects have been seeded. CNST has led nationwide and global partnerships with projects in nanomedicine, nanofabrication, and training of the next-generation workforce.
About the Tsinghua-Foxconn Nanotechnology Research Center
Tsinghua-Foxconn Nanotechnology Research Center is a cooperation with Foxconn Group, working toward the establishment of an international advanced nanotechnology research base, leveraging Tsinghua University’s sciences and talents and Foxconn Group’s industrialization. Located at Tsinghua University in Beijing, China, the Center conducts research on basic and applied nanotechnology to create new technology and push nanotechnology achievements for industrialization and promote new talents.
PDF OF EVENT POSTER
LAST UPDATED MARCH 5, 2014
Jointly with the 12th CNST
Carrie Kouadio, Visiting Education Coordinator, CNST, firstname.lastname@example.org
Irfan Ahmad, Executive Director, CNST, and Organizing Committee Co-Chair, email@example.com.
- Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology (CNST), University of Illinois
- Tsinghua University-Foxconn Nanotechnology Research Center (TFNRC)
- Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory (MNTL), University of Illinois
- Rashid Bashir, CNST, MNTL, Bioengineering, University of Illinois; Chair
- Shoushan Fan, Tsinghua University; Co-Chair
- Jimmy Hsia, Mechanical Science and Engineering, MNTL, CNST, University of Illinois; Co-Chair
- Irfan Ahmad, CNST, Agricultural and Biological Engineering, University of Illinois; Co-Chair
- Brian Cunningham, MNTL, Bioengineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois
- Kaili Jiang, Physics, Tsinghua University
- Xiuling Li, Electrical and Computer Engineering, MNTL, University of Illinois
- Dongsheng Liu, Chemistry, Tsinghua University
- John Rogers, Materials Science and Engineering, Materials Research Lab, University of Illinois
- Placid Ferreira, Mechanical Science and Engineering, University of Illinois
- Carrie Kouadio, CNST, University of Illinois